The MLAO is a non-political, citizen-led organization that researches and analyzes the government of Mt. Lebanon, Pennsylvania, and serves as a resource for the citizens of that community.
Learn more about the MLAO.
It’s easy to stay informed about MLAO meetings, research, and news. Just do one of the following:
- Follow MLAO Tweets on Twitter. (The best way.)
- Subscribe to the MLAO Announcements Google Group.
- Subscribe to the MLAO Announcements news feed in your news reader of choice.
You can also view our Meeting Notes.
- 10 March, 2011. Welcome readers of In Mt. Lebanon magazine! Want to know more? Read about the MLAO.
- 23 December, 2010. Analysis of MTLSD historical performance: a new analysis of the school district’s historical performance in advanced math and reading. Includes PSSA results from 2002–2010.
- 5 April, 2010. Analysis of MTLSD performance and educational efficiency: now includes writing and science performance (in addition to math and reading) and comparisons to Bethel Park, North Allegheny, Fox Chapel, Quaker Valley, and Upper St. Clair schools. (draft, feedback welcome)
- 30 March, 2010. Recording of the MTLSD Audit & Finance Committee Meeting, 25 March, 2010.
- 16 March, 2010. Transcript of the School Board President’s Report, on the School District being denied needed variances for the High School Project.
- In a review of 28 research studies, the U.S. Government Accountability Office finds “little evidence of a causal relationship” between better school buildings and better student outcomes.
- Transcript of the 7 December 2009 MTLSD School Board Reorganization Meeting
- Analysis of MTLSD performance and educational efficiency (draft, feedback welcome)
- Analysis of MTLSD property taxes, past, present, and future (feedback welcome)
The MLAO is currently working on the following projects: